The Nokia C7, which has been available overseas since late 2010, is described as a ‘smart and social’ smartphone tailor-made for Twitter, Facebook and MySpace fans. Live updates from Facebook and Twitter are fed directly to the homescreen, with no need to launch a separate browser.
Featuring a stainless steel finish and a 3.5 inch AMOLED display, the Symbian^3-based Nokia C7 is also aimed at fashion conscious callers. The phone is offered in a choice of two colours: Charcoal Black and Frosty Metal.
The Nokia C7 uses the Ovi Store to download software, games and apps. Between April 4 and May 31 2011, Nokia C7 owners on the Vodafone network will be granted free access to all apps store-wide.
"Vodafone users have access to thousands of useful apps from the Ovi Store and from the 4th April 2011 until the 31st May 2011, all apps in the Store will be on us," explains the press release.
Other features of the Nokia C7 include:
- Access to consumer and business email through Nokia’s range of messaging services.
- An 8MP camera, HD video and 8GB internal memory to capture, store and re-live precious moments.
- Sharp videos and images on the vivid 3.5" high-resolution capacitive display.
- Great usability with three homescreens which can be customised, easy viewing and switching between multiple apps, pinch to zoom, flick to scroll and tap to select finger gestures.
- Access to Ovi Maps with free, lifetime navigation and turn-by-turn voice guidance.