HPE's Australian operation has advertised for new senior channel managers, and wooed a senior Dell EMC exec.
The exec is Andrew Foot, formerly GM of sales at EMC and most recently senior director for global accounts in Dell's modern data center division. His new role is as general manager, compute-hybrid IT across the south pacific, according to his LinkedIn profile.
HPE does not comment on job ads, leaving CRN to trawl LinkedIn (again!) for signs of departures or promotions to help us understand if these are new roles or if HPE personnel have shifted.
Sadly LinkedIn offers no immediately obvious clues at the time of writing.
One thing we can say guess the ads is that they're so similar - only some sub-headings differ - that this is probably one job that's been posted twice!
Whoever scores the gig will be asked to
- Identify target partners and be able to present and review with them the benefits that HPE can bring to them and their target markets.
- Offer education on the HPE products and services to assist in co-developing targeted end user client solutions. The role will ensure that Partner’s sales team understand the end to end solution benefit proposal.
- Map out the partner from the executive team to the sales representatives and ensure alignment with the HPE F2F sales teams as appropriate. As well as ensuring the new Partners are aligned to a Distributor and understand the HPE programs such as Deal Registration and other Program benefits.
- Collaborate with other key HPE teams to craft & execute cohesive partner plans & programs
- Educate partner’s sales force and when needed, partner’s end-user customer on HPE’s solutions
And they'll need lots of channel and sales experience, plus "exceptional communication, negotiation & presentation skills."
CRN has asked HPE if the job is a new role or if the incumbent has moved on. If it breaks its usual rules, we'll let you know.
Update, 9:20 AM July 16th.
HPE declined to comment on the channel jobs, but confirmed Foot's appointment, sending CRN a canned quote from veep and managing director for South Pacific Stephen Bovis.
“We’re very excited to have Andrew Foot join the Hewlett Packard Enterprise team as our new General Manager, Compute-Hybrid IT, South Pacific," Bovis wrote. "Andrew commences his new role today based in our Melbourne office. As part of his role, his focus will be on continuing to support channel partners in delivering innovative solutions and building stronger relationships with their customers. He will be responsible for managing a group of sales, category, presales and technical professionals.
"With more than 20 years’ experience leading teams within global technology companies, we believe that Andrew’s extensive leadership experience will help him drive great results for our HPE team and deliver value to our channel partners in Australia. We’re all very excited to see what he brings to the role.”