The Digital Transformation Agency has released a request for tender (RFT) inviting companies to apply to become sellers on the new whole-of-government Telecommunications Marketplace.
The new Marketplace replaces both the current Mobile Panel and the Telecommunications Services Panel.
Those Panels currently cover the following services:
- Managed WAN managed services
- Transport data link services
- Internet connection services
- Mobile voice and data carriage services
- Mobile handsets and broadband devices
The new panel adds several new services and re-names others, as indicated on the list below:
- Data carriage services
- Internet carriage services
- Fixed line voice carriage services
- Managed network services
- Unified communications services
- Managed voice services
- Dark fibre services
- Contact centre systems
- Mobility services
- Satellite services
- Managed router services
The addition of unified communications, managed network services and contact centre systems should arouse much interest in the channel, given they can be provided by cloud services and overseen by resellers.
The RFT (AusTender login required to access link) appears conventional, but will require swift action: the deadline for submissions is January 20, 2020, and the DTA anticipates signing agreements in the first quarter of that year.
CRN therefore expects the new Panel will attract considerable interest. The current Telecoms Panel already lists Macquarie Telecom, Nextgen Networks, Optus Networks, Sliced Tech, Telstra Corporation, TPG and Verizon Australia. The current Mobile Panel has an even longer list of providers.
The expanded range of services on offer could well see more companies join the list of approved suppliers of Canberra’s comms needs.
The current Mobile Panel comprises;
- Addcom Contact Solutions
- Applied Satellite Technology Australia
- CDTS Australia
- Dimension Data
- Ethan Group
- Forward IT
- Macquarie Telecom
- Optus Networks
- Outware Systems Australia
- Oxygen8 Communications Australia
- Pivotel Satellite
- Precision Aus (formerly Precision Technologies Australia)
- Stripy Sock Software
- Telstra Corporation
- TransACT Capital Communications
- DXC Connect