Netgear has issued a voluntary recall for power adaptor's that were sold with its Arlo outdoor security cameras for posing a fire risk if water leaks in.
The power adaptors were sold with Netgear's Arlo, Arlo Pro and Arlo Go cameras for a short time between 1 June and 30 September 2017.
The company said water could leak into the weatherproof connector on the power adapter, which could cause it to short circuit or overheat, posing a fire risk.
The accessory was sold at a number of major Australian retailers like JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman, and a handful of online retailers such as Scorpion Technology, Mwave, Device Deal and Computer Alliance.
The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission recommends customers stop using the power adapter immediately, unplug it from their camera and contact Netgear Australia for a replacement or refund on its website.
Netgear has already landed in hot water with the ACCC this year, agreeing in February to provide refunds to customers misled by warranty and technical support representations claiming customers couldn't receive a remedy for a faulty product unless it was covered by the vendor's own manufacturer's warranty.