Update: Teleron's customer base has been acquired by EscapeNet.
Sydney-based NBN reseller Teleron has been placed in receivership, leaving some customers claiming their NBN services had been disrupted.
Liquidation firm Worrells revealed that the company was placed under receivership on 24 January. CRN has reached out to Worrells for further details.
A number of users on technology forum Whirlpool reported that their NBN services with Teleron were no longer working, saying that online and phone support had been disconnected and emails were left unanswered.
Some meanwhile reported that their services were still working, with direct debits still being made via a third-party payment provider.
Teleron’s social media accounts are inactive, and the last time a representative participated in the company's designated Whirlpool thread was in March 2018.
Victorian ISP DCSI has taken the opportunity to offer Teleron customers a discounted monthly rate for the first six months when transferring to their network.
"DCSI is sorry to hear that Teleron has entered receivership," a company representative wrote in a now-deleted Whirlpool thread.
"We can offer quick churns, $0 activation on eligible NBN services with BYO router."
The company said the offer runs until close of business on Friday, 8 February.
DCSI earlier this week swooped in on the closure of another NBN reseller in Prime Broadband, offering to take over the provision of internet services.
Teleron was founded in September 2016, formed from “a group of telecommunications engineers” with experience working at NBN, Telstra and Optus.
“Teleron was born after its founder – having spent years in the telecommunication industry – he saw the need to create a 100 percent Australian owned start-up to help local communities smoothly transition onto the NBN,” read the company’s description on its website.
The company also said it was aligned with a number of community organisations like Redcliffe Surf Life Saving Club and North Ballarat Sports Club.